Thursday, October 22, 2015

How About Those Mets!

I am a Tampa Bay Rays fan now but this morning I teared up and actually cried some when I heard the Mets had beat the Cubs. Hearing about the Mets brought back so many memories - great memories of being with my dad and brother at the Mets games in Shea Stadium. It seemed like during 1969 we were at every home game and watched every away game on TV. My brother and I knew the players. We knew Tom Seaver, Nolan Ryan and Jerry Koosman - you see my dad made sure we were introduced to all of them. I remember the night we got off the elevator and Tom Seaver shook my dad's hand and said to me "How you doing kid." My dad, my brother and I were there that game in 1969 when the Mets beat the Cubs and became the amazing Mets. So I say to all of you, "How About Those Mets!" Not because they beat the Cubs last night but because the memories they helped make for two brothers of a great dad. It's a memory I will never forget. How about you Chris Heiser?

No comments: